Download the BESC Degree Plan
Threats to the environment are real and gaining popularity in mainstream media with discussions like global warming. But environmental hazards take many forms, from microbial threats and toxic waste to the impact of man’s activities on a fragile ecosystem.
The solutions require innovative perspectives and technologically intensive approaches. That’s why we have developed the Bioenvironmental Sciences degree for those who are passionate about change.
The Texas A&M advantage:
- Enjoy the flexibility to design your personalized course plan with electives that appeal to your interests.
- You will have career advantages because this degree was created with consultation from industry leaders about trends in the career field.
- Gain a strong science background that will prepare you for graduate school or employment in environmental agencies, advocacy and education groups, and environmental/health & safety branches.
What kind of job can I get?
Students will be prepared for a number of environmental sciences career choices in such areas as research and development, environmental consulting, remediation of wastes, site assessment and environmental sampling, and environmental law.
What are the best choices for electives?
Students are advised to choose an area of emphasis such as conservation/ecology, policy/ethics/regulations, the physical environment, engineering, plant studies, genetics/biotechnology and general environmental coursework.
- Ranked the 2nd most popular environmental sciences program in the country by StateUniversity.com in 2009.
- Learn from our best faculty. Tenured or tenure-track faculty teach undergraduate courses, with the exception of PLPA 303 (a plant pathology lab).
LeAnn Hague – firstname.lastname@example.org
Taylor Atkinson – email@example.com
APPOINTMENTS | Make an appointment online at: https://tamu.campus.eab.com/student/appointments/new – AG – HORT, AG – PLPM, and AG – SCSC