- Professor Emerita
- Focus Area: History of virology and plant pathology, primarily tobacco mosaic virus.
- Plant Pathology and Microbiology
- Website: https://scholar.google.com/citations?view_op=search_authors&mauthors=Scholthof+K&hl=nl&oi=ao
- Undergraduate Education
- B.S. Botany; Minor Philosophy, Montana State University
- Graduate Education
- M.S. Plant Pathology (Virology), University of Nebraska
- Ph.D. Plant Pathology (Virology), University of Kentucky
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California-Berkeley
- Fellow, American Phytopathological Society
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Fellow, American Academy of Microbiology
- Courses Taught
Areas of Expertise
- Molecular Plant Virology
- Plant Pathology
- History of Virology
- History of Plant Pathology
History of virology and plant pathology, primarily tobacco mosaic virus.
Karen-Beth Goldberg Scholthof is a Professor (Emerita) in the Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology. The focus of her scholarly work is the history of virology (and plant pathology) a particular emphasis on tobacco mosaic virus. In 2023 her co-edited book “Interpreting Science for Museums and Historic Sites” was published by Rowman & Littlefield. Scholthof is a fellow the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), American Academy of Microbiology, and the American Phytopathological Society.