Extension Faculty Roles:
Some faculty members in the Plant Pathology and Microbiology department have joint appointments with AgriLife Extension services, with the role to:
- Address the educational plant health needs in Texas of crop agriculture, green industry, homeowners, and other clientele with plant health issues.
- Provide timely, accurate, state-of-the-art plant disease diagnostic capabilities to Texas clientele and participate effectively in the National Plant Diagnostic Network (NPDN), Great Plains Plant Diagnostic Network (GPDN),& Southern Plant Diagnostic Network (SPDN) division.
- Support Texas county Extension agents through county-based Extension programs where plant pathology resources are requested.
- Contribute to the applied, filed research responsibilities of Texas AgriLife Extension Service.
How can they help you?
- Sick Plants? Contact Dr. Kevin Ong at Texas Plant Disease Diagnostic Lab (TPDDL).
- Want to know more about many types of plants and their diseases? Check out our Texas Plant Disease Handbook.
|Associate Department Head for Extension
Dr. Jason Woodward