Extension Faculty Roles:
Some faculty members in the Plant Pathology and Microbiology department have joint appointments with AgriLife Extension services, with the role to:
- Address the educational plant health needs in Texas of crop agriculture, green industry, homeowners, and other clientele with plant health issues.
- Provide timely, accurate, state-of-the-art plant disease diagnostic capabilities to Texas clientele and participate effectively in the National Plant Diagnostic Network (NPDN): Regionally in the Southern Plant Diagnostic Network (SPDN) .
- Support Texas county Extension agents through county-based Extension programs where plant pathology resources are requested.
- Contribute to the applied, filed research responsibilities of Texas AgriLife Extension Service.
How can they help you?
- Sick plants? Visit the Texas Plant Disease Diagnostic Lab (TPDDL) website
- Sick plants? Small grains, row crops (incl. hemp). Visit the Texas High Plain Plant Disease Diagnostic Lab website
- Want to know more about many types of plants and their diseases? Check out our Texas Plant Disease Handbook.
Extension Opportunities for students (internships)
TDA-BESC Summer Undergraduate Professional Experience and Research program
More information at https://agrilife.org/plantclinic/besc-super/
|Associate Department Head for Extension
Dr. Kevin Ong